Sustaining support provided by the Virendra B. Mahesh New Investigator Fund.
This award recognizes an active, regular member of SSR for outstanding research completed and published within 12 years after receiving the Ph.D. or other equivalent professional degree. Nominees will be evaluated on the originality, significance, and impact of their research in reproductive sciences or allied fields, and the degree to which their research was independent of that of a mentor. Letters of recommendation from two senior colleagues and/or scientific collaborators should accompany the nomination. See procedures for guidelines regarding length of the nomination and supporting letters. Letters of nomination should specifically address each of the criteria for this award, as described below. The recipient of this award will have the honor of presenting his/her research during the annual meeting of the SSR in 2020.
- Originality, independence, and conceptual breakthroughs.
- Contribution and significance to the field of reproductive sciences.
- Contribution and significance to allied fields of investigation.
- Development of important new methodology, technology, and/or clinical procedures with clear applications in basic research, animal or human clinical practice, or assisted reproductive technologies.
PROCEDURE: Members of the Society have the privilege and responsibility of nominating individuals for these awards. The process is straightforward. If more than one person is nominating, one person should be designated as the primary Nominator for future communications and be the sender of the following:
- A letter of nomination, no more than 4 pages in length.
- No more than two supporting letters from other individuals, each no longer than 2 pages in length. The Trainee Mentoring award may have up to four supporting letters, each no longer than 2 pages in length.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV). The CV may be streamlined/ shortened to focus on the criteria for the award under consideration, and should include:
- professional positions held
- overview of research focus and seminal accomplishments
- honors/awards received
- special appointments (e.g. administrative positions, editorships)
- invited lectures/workshops/symposia
- extramural funding/grant support
- peer-reviewed publications and reviews that exemplify the criteria of the award (indicate the total number of publications at the beginning of this section)
Submit a Nomination:
Send nominating materials, by 15 October 2019, to: Dr. Vargheese Chennathukuzhi, Chair, SSR Awards Committee, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All materials must be submitted in a single, consolidated PDF file in the order specified above with the file name format AWARDEE NAME_2020_AWARD NAME, if possible. The preferred method is e-mail to facilitate prompt review by the entire Awards Committee, but please contact Dr. Chennathukuzhi by email if you must send any nomination documents via a different means.