This award recognizes a Regular Member of the Society, an active Assistant Professor or position of similar rank on the tenure track.
- Individual must be a regular member of SSR
- Assistant Professor or position of similar rank on the tenure track
- Employed by an academic institution based in the U.S.
- Statement of Purpose - Please submit a statement (2- page maximum) describing your professional accomplishments that qualify you as a competitive applicant for the award. Specifically detail your accomplishments in the areas of research, education, and service.
- Recommendation Letters (sent by the writer directly to SSR)
- Curriculum Vitae
How to Apply
- Combine your Statement of Purpose and CV into one PDF document
- Name this PDF using the following naming convention: Applicant Last Name_Award Name e.g., Hedrick_Junior
- Email PDF to the appropriate inbox: SSRJunior@ssr.org
- Have your recommendation letter writers send their recommendations to SSR (same email addresses as above) using the following naming convention: Applicant Last Name_Award Name_Writer Last Name e.g., Hedrick_Junior_Davis
The SSR Awards Committee will select the recipient(s) of the Junior Scientist Travel Award by Mid May. The recipient will receive a cash award of $1000 to defray costs to attend and participate in the SSR's Annual Meeting.