The Fuller W. Bazer SSR International Scientist Award Fund was established in 2017 for the purpose of providing funding to support an award presented at the annual meeting of the Society for the Study of Reproduction, as follows:
- Applicant must be an outstanding International Scientist who has consistently demonstrated excellence in research and graduate education at an institution outside of North America.
- An individual must demonstrate outstanding potential for leading and directing scientific research overseas.
- Statement of Purpose - Please submit a statement (2- page maximum) describing your professional accomplishments that qualify you as a competitive applicant for the award. Specifically detail your accomplishments in the areas of research, education, and service.
- Recommendation Letters (sent by the writer directly to SSR)
- Curriculum Vitae
How to Apply
- Combine your Statement of Purpose and CV into one PDF document
- Name this PDF using the following naming convention: Applicant Last Name_Award Name e.g., Hedrick_International
- Email PDF to SSRInt@ssr.org
- Have your recommendation letter writers send their recommendations to SSR (same email addresses as above) using the following naming convention: Applicant Last Name_Award Name_Writer Last Name e.g., Hedrick_Junior_Davis
The SSR Awards Committee will select the recipient of the International Scientist Award by Mid May. The recipient will receive a cash award of $500, and additional reimbursement (up to $2,500) of expenses to attend and participate in the SSR's Annual Meeting.