The highest award of the SSR is given in recognition of a career of research and scholarly activities in the field of reproductive biology. The nominee must be living at the time their nomination is submitted. The nominee does not have to be a member of the Society. The letter of nomination should be accompanied by two supporting letters from other individuals. See procedures for guidelines regarding the length of the nomination and supporting letters.
- Pioneered in the development of novel and significant areas of knowledge, including the development of creative and innovative hypotheses.
- Developed new knowledge in a creative manner and with independent insight.
- Created new knowledge to expand the understanding of reproductive biology and/or extended the application of knowledge to technology.
B. Experimental Practices
- Developed new and superior experimental methodologies.
- Formulated experimental designs that enabled the derivation of unambiguous conclusions.
- Conveyed research results to the scientific community with clarity through timely presentation at scientific meetings and by publication in high-quality journals.
- Provided essential contributions in team research endeavors.
- Recognized as an innovator and scholar by peers as evidenced by other scientific awards and invitations to participate in scholarly activities, such as symposia.
- Shared research experience willingly and unselfishly with the scientific community through activities, such as providing expert advice, sharing new techniques, or providing unique reagents.
II. Other Activities: The nominee, through leadership and innovation, provided substantive and significant contributions to reproductive biology in one or more of the following activities.
- Mentoring of graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, or interns.
- Application of experimental results to the benefit of society.
- Administration or management in universities, government, industry, or other organizations.
- Membership with active participation in professional societies and their activities; please see SSR’s Service List
- Participation in regional, national, or international review or advisory committees and panels.
- Editorships and other activities related to scholarly publications.
The nominations Deadline is August 15th, 2022. See procedures for guidelines regarding the length of the nomination and supporting letters.
Submit Your Nomination
View previous Carl G. Hartman recipients HERE